HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Kellennea

Re: Who We Are

I *love* this! Great idea, Karen!!

Hi! I am Kelly, tomorrow will be my 46th birthday (yikes!) I am a lover of books and art and family. I am married to Mike, my most amazingly wonderful husband is in law enforcement and just made it to the Sgt. list (yesterday)... so very proud of him! We do not have children, I miscarried in August of 2010, which led to my dx and not being able to have children. We do have a furbaby cat named Max.

I work in Human Resources and also have my own specialty paper business, designing wedding, shower, and party invitations as well as announcements of all kinds. I love paper, ribbon, glitter, rubber stamps, gluesticks and parties... So I decided to take all of my favorite loves and share them. For me, taking a thought and turning it into a beautiful piece of paper is creating art and helping to make memories... and i love that, it's what i do.

It's so very nice to "meet" all of you

K.
11/3/10 -2.5cm tumor removed via lumpectomy, clear margins. sentinal node biopsy - nodes clear!
12/2/10 - port placement
12/2/10 to 3/17/11 - 6 rounds of taxotere, carboplatin & herceptin every 3rd week.
04/20/11 - 6/6/11 - 33 rounds of radiation
4/6/11 to 11/2/11 - 11 additional rounds of herceptin every 3rd week
7/15/11 - port removal
7/5/11 started my 5 year journey on Tamoxifen
9/4/11 -1 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
9/5/12 -2 yr Chest MRI - CLEAN!!!!
8/29/12 - Started spotting after being in chemopause 1.5 years. Ultra sound detected 6cm ovary mass & very thick lining. YIKES! Taken off Tamoxifen
9/6/12 - Full abdominal hysterectomy. Pathology report came back clean... thank you baby Jesus!!
9/28/12 - Started Anastrozole
Kellennea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
roz123

Re: Who We Are

i love this thread too...we are so much more than our diagnosis
im new to the boards so i thought this would be a great place to introduce myself
my name is rose and i am a 43 yr old mother of 2 beautiful boys, 12 and 9. Wife to my hubby for 19 years! they are they lights of my life.
i am a retail buyer for a housewares company in toronto ontario but currently on leave. I also have my own business where i develop/create/market and sell fashion and gift items. I love what i do and can't wait to get back to it

i was a runner and did kick boxing before diagnosis and look forward to getting back into some sort of exercise regime. Although i think it will be gentler now (lots of battle scars)
i have an amazing circle of friends and family that have supported me through this journey and i am forever grateful
i am also grateful to meet women who are in the same "boat" although sad that this had to happen to any of us
nice to meet you all
surgery -pCR 0/2 nodes
25 rads
herceptin x18
tamox
prophy bi-msx with TE's oct 15/12
LD flap reconstruction (PM me if you want the details)
zoladex shots monthly until SOFT studies come out
roz123 is offline   Reply With Quote