HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
anna4969
Senior Member
 
anna4969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 72
Re: Patients Want To Read Doctors' Notes, But Many Doctors Balk

Lizbeth
Your post really hit home. I was all ready for my reconstruction when a new procedure was presented to me by one of my other doctors and I chose to persue it and cancel my reconstruction with my plastic surgeon. Wow was he mad at me. I left the appointment in tears and cried on my husbands shoulder all the way home. Long story short, I am going with a different plastic surgeon out of state that will do the new procedure with reconstruction. Anyway, I like you, got my plastic surgeons' notes thinking he was really going to complain about me and such given his ridiculous behavior and he even called my onc to yell at him about suggesting this new procedure but when I read his notes, he was sweet as pie in them and even said he welcomed me to seek followup care after the out of state surgery. I had to laugh!!! He was horrible to me in person(and I have my husband to vouch for that) and then turned around and acted like his rude appointment never happened. Go figure...maybe he realized what an egotistical jerk he was and reconsidered what kind of notes he wrote. I am sorry you experienced such a rotten deal with yours. You know...in my opinion, plastic surgeons all have an ego...and I think that is part of being a plastic surgeon. They are artists in a sense and they really have to think that their sculpting is the best or what would be their drive to do their best. I don't know...just a thought. Be well and Happy New Year!!
anna4969 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter