HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
caya
Senior Member
 
caya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thornhill, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,320
Re: Update from TriciaK

Tricia - sorry you are not feeling well. I am the queen of UTIs ( a title I could do without) - here are a couple of tips:

1. Take 1/2 cup of pure cranberry juice (not cocktail) and mix it with 1.5 litres of water, you can add sweetener ( I use Stevia) to taste. Drink this all day long. Of course you may want to check with your docs/pharmacist to see if this will have any interactions to any meds you are taking.

2. Use 100% organic virgin coconut oil "down there". I apply it morning and night. You can buy it at a health food store - it comes in a jar, and is solid, but it warms in your fingers. I do this everyday, whether I have a UTI or not.

I hope your UTI clears up and you feel stronger ASAP so you can get back on chemo etc.

Congrats on your new grandbaby, you are an amazing woman and fighter.

all the best
caya
__________________
ER90%+/PR 50%+/HER 2+
1.7 cm and 1.0 cm.
Stage 1, grade 2, Node Negative (16 nodes tested)
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter