HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Barbara H.

Re: Stomach Sounds-yikes :tykerb-herceptin combo

I only take 4 tablets and haven't had much of a problem. I have had problems with gas, which can keep me up at night. I tried Beano, which works, and I haven't used it lately. I have only had the runs a few times, and didn't take anything for the situation. That happened when I ate a lot of salad and fruit. Now I eat everything. I do eat yogurt for lunch with probiotics.
I did have a rash when I started Tykerb, but it disappeared after about a month. I am not fatigued on Tykerb and Herceptin, and in reality, don't feel as if I am on any drugs. This May I will reach my 6 year mark with metastatic disease. When I was first diagnosed it was detected everywhere including the brain, except in the bones. Heceptin alone cleared everything else, but it was detected a year and a half later in the bones. Fortunately, my markers are currently normal, and whatever is in the bones is not measurable. Injury, even former breaks to bones always show up on a bone or CT scan, so I assume that I am currently NED.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote