HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-27-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
jhandley

Smile for steph

I don't really have a different schedule , I just make my appointments around my teaching schedule and not closer than 4 weeks. If I go to 6 weeks they want to reload me so I generally make it 4 -5.5 weeks.

I came pretty close to having a herceptin holiday but was talked out of it by a friend who is a doctor. I just got sick of all the travelling and all the waiting around in hospitals.

So I moved to melbourne which cut down on the travelling but I still have to wait 1.5 hours before I have my 30 minute infusion.

My current (new) employer does not know I have treatment and my onc said not to tell them as I have been in remission for so long.

I read a long time ago that the average half life of herceptin is 28 days anyway which is what they calculate the optimum treatment on perhaps?

I figure if I am taking 25 g of flaxseed a day which knocks out 70% of the her 2+ and the Q10 and DHA are looking after my brain then taking herceptin 4 or 5 weeks rather than 3 won 't hurt (and hasn't).

It is a compromise between trying to live as normal a life as possible and living as long as possible.

What I would like to do is get that her 2+ serum test so i can go off herceptin and go back on it if the numbers go up!!! I am waiting for enough data to get down under so we get the test here.

Cheers
Jackie (down under)
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Lani

Jackie

was your liver metastasis ever biopsied? if yes, what were the her2 and er status of the met?

Congrats again!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
chrislmelb

Jackie i was so pleased to read your continued good health. It is certainly the story we like to hear.
What is the brand/name of your fish oil? i take salmon oil 1000g from Thompsons but i think it is way lower that 2g of DHA.

DX Sept 03 age 40 Stage 2B Grade 3 mastectomy (after 2 prior breast conserving surgeries)
"at least" 2.3 cm 3/12 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2+++
8 FEC. Tamoxifen then Arimidex. Ovaries out.
"late" Herceptin for 2 years (18months after chemo) on HERA trial. finished Herceptin Nov 2007.
Multiple bone mets May 2012 and now liver August 2012.
Abraxne, Herceptin and Zometa.
June 2013 Tykerb, Xeloda and Xgeva
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
jhandley

Smile chrislmelb

Hi chris
I take Blackmore's omega brain which per 1 gram capsule has 500 mg DHA and 100 mg EPA. I try to take 3-4 a day. This is equivalent to 2 grams DHA and .4 gram EPA (for 4 capsules).
The standard fish oil capsules have 120 mg of one and 180 mg of the other fatty acids(cant remember which is which) per 1 gram capsule. So this way i only take 4 rather than 16 capsules.
cheers
jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote