HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
Pam P
Senior Member
 
Pam P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Posts: 731
I was on xeloda/herceptin for over 2 yrs, then switched to xeloda/tykerb for another 1 1/2. It was the best I've felt on any chemo. I did have side effects, but they were manageable. Diarrhea at first - sometimes severe, but imodium kept it in control. After awhile I guess I my body adapted because it was no longer an issue. My blood counts always stayed in normal ranges. I did feel a little more tired sometimes - I could tell the difference when it was my week off the xeloda that I had more energy. My biggest difficulty was the hand/food syndrome. I got severe at times. I tried lots of lotions. Unfortunately I didn't know about the henna treatment. On the week off xeloda it would clear up a lot. I had my xeloda dose reduced and that helped. I think I started out at 4000 mg & went to 3500, then 3000. I think others have been on 2500 and done fine on the xeloda. I wish I could still be on that combo. I also liked not having to get treatment by IV - it felt freeing to just take the pills.
__________________
Pam
6/01 IBC er+ her2+stage IIIb; mastecomy
7/01 AC, taxol; radiation
2/02 tamoxifen
9/02 stage IV bone mets femara
1/03 taxotere/herceptin/aredia
6/03 herceptin, aredia & faslodex
1/04 navelbine, herceptin, aredia
2/05 herceptin/aredia
7/05 xeloda/herceptin/aredia
3/07 xeloda/tykerb/aredia
5/08 taxol/avastin/aredia
2/09 gemzar/herceptin/zometa
7/09 Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, zometa
10/09 navelbine/herceptin & zometa
2/10 herceptin & tykerb & zometa
4/10 add xeloda &aromasin
10/10 dx with dermatomyiositis triggered by cancer
11/10 restart herceptin, tykerb, zometa
12/10 surgery-place rod in R femur to stabilize bone
1/11 radiation to R femur - 20 tx
2/11 2nd surgery - rod in Left femur
2/11 tx eribulen -- suspended dx brain mets
3/11 brain mets wbr 20 tx
4/11 halaven; discontine 8/11 not working
8/11 radiation to left femur 20 tx'
8-9/11 rad to lower spine
9/11 abraxane/herceptin/zometa
9/12 xeloda/herceptin/zometa
12/12 ablation of liver
Pam P is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter