HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #3
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Lida, I did TCH and to be honest it's hard to know for sure which drug caused what? I know I blamed most of my side on the Taxotere. However I do think the Carboplatin was the main cause of the nasty taste I had in my mouth. It was just awful. Also I had almost a complete loss of appetite which I am pretty sure was the Carbo. Ended up with a sore mouth and had to take some meds for that. Also I felt really weak at times and I believe that was the Carbo too? (Maybe it was just the combo of both...again, its hard to say for sure?)

As to nausea I really had no problems at all with TCH. I know several other women said the same thing. I took my nausea meds to begin with to be on the safe side, but about the 3rd infusion I went off them and was just fine.

And yes the Carbo will cause you low platelets but they keep an eye on that with weekly labs. I did have terrible indigestion, & burning in my throat. But once I got a script for Protonix I had instant relief. I also did have constipation but I took Senokot for that and that worked great. I think the TCH is a good choice for you and one that is doable as they say. Every body is different...we all can have different reactions as you know. But as far as the Carbo I think you will get through it ok.
I'm sure others will reply...quite a few have taken carbo on this board. Hang in there.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.

Last edited by Chelee; 12-03-2008 at 12:49 AM..
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter