HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
murph

reconstruction issues

Hello Everyone,

I had my reconstruction done on Feb 14th. I was recovering slowly, and I developed an infection in the one breast. The incision healed nicley, however there is alot of fluid build up with redness. I am currently, on a at home IV of antibiotic. I am struggling mentally, because Feb 19th was a year out of my bi-lat and was feeling good. Now, I am quite uncomfortable and hoping this antibiotic kicks out the infection. Has anyone else come across this. I had permenant tissue expanders put in. I am not happy I did this....yet....
no node involvement SNB (8 nodes removed)
Her2+++ FISH (all 4 primaries)
3 ER pos & 1 primary ER/PR pos
2 primaries Grade II other 2 Grade III
sizes of tumors 1st .8cm 2nd .7cm 3rd 1.2cm 4th .7cm
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
Soccermom

Hi Murph,
I am also in the Reconstruction process, however I had the DIEP (tissue flaps).
I can sympathize with your dilemma as I had some setbacks (infections) and was on antibiotics for a LONG time. I know it is disheartening right now (understatement)but when the antibiotics really start doing their thing you will feel better. A word of caution...if a fever spikes and persists call your Doc immediately.( Have they cultured the fluid? Knowing which type of bacteria you have is critical to fighting the infection most effectively.)
I will be thinking of you and hope the antibiotics do the trick so you can begin your fills ASAP!
Warmly,Marcia
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
murph

Marcia,

Thank you for replying. They have not cultured anything yet. I will bring that up with my dr. if the swelling is still there on Tues. I had 2 allergic reactions to 2 of the antibiotics already...(Murphy's Law...lol) But I am doing well with another one. Just curious if you had drains put in?? I did not, and had an enormous amount of swelling and bruising. Thank you again, and I hope you are doing well.
no node involvement SNB (8 nodes removed)
Her2+++ FISH (all 4 primaries)
3 ER pos & 1 primary ER/PR pos
2 primaries Grade II other 2 Grade III
sizes of tumors 1st .8cm 2nd .7cm 3rd 1.2cm 4th .7cm
murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
Blanche

I'm sorry to hear about your infection. I'm currently fighting an infection myself, it was coultered and course of treatment was given. My problem was different than you because my skin was weak due to radiation my incision on that side opened twice, sadly I had to remove my silicone implant, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what course of surgery did you use Diep of tram or just replaced implant again. This has been very difficult for me, I feel like I'm starting all over , I'm trying to be positive but as you all know sometimes its hard to find. Blanche
Blanche is offline   Reply With Quote