HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
rinaina
Senior Member
 
rinaina's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: northshore suburb of chicago
Posts: 1,093
Images: 2
Routine blood tests that my onc ran showed increase PTH, calcium and creatinin levels. He in turn suggested I see both an endocrinologist and a nephrologist which I did. I have primary hyperparathyroidism which basically means it didn't happen because of something else causing it. I had a nuclear scan as well as an ultrasound that confirmed their suspicions of a tumor on the parathyroid but it was a surprise to find multiple nodules on my thyroid. One nodule on the thyroid is going to get biopsied next week to determine if any surgery on that gland is needed as well. The type of nuclear scan was a Sestimibi Scan which leaves a radioactive marker on the gland that uptakes it so during surgery they can go in with this geiger type instrument that locates the affected gland. Most people have about 4 parathyroids and usually only one is affected. Hope this info helps. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you. I noticed that our bc diagnosis is quite similar.
__________________
~Rina~
Dx:3/06 had a lumpectomy April 19, 2006
Her2+ er/pr- Stage I Grade 3 tumor size 1.4 cm, node negative
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter