HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Mary Jo

To Pat who posted under the "instructions for victory" thread

Hello Pat........

I read your message that you posted under the "instruction for victory" post. You said you were new and "didn't really know what to do" (as far as posting on this board I'm thinking you mean) Then you went on to explain that you were diagnosed with her2 positive breast cancer and that you would be starting chemo next week Wed. for 4 months and then herceptin treatments.

First of all I'd like to welcome you to this board. I'm happy you found us. There are many wonderful people on this board who will be of tremendous support, encouragement and help to you. I know that for a fact as I've been a member of this board since 2006 and have received TONS of support, encouragment and help. The group is truly the best of the best, in my humble opinion.

You also asked how treatment was for those of us here. Chemo and herceptin are tolerated differently by everybody. I will tell you that chemo is tolerable and you should get through it well. We were all nervous and scared to death of chemo and herceptin treatments but found that it really is o.k., tolerable and just not as bad as most of us anticipated. That being said, herceptin is a much easier treatment. Side effects are minimal and the few there are really are nothing to speak of - in the whole scheme of things.

Now, let me try to help you a bit as far as posting on this board goes. When you come visit and read individual posts and you'd like to respond to a post, just click on "post reply" at the end of the thread and type your response. Then click on "preview post" (if you want to read what you've typed first and then click on "submit new thread." Or if you'd rather not preview your post you can just click on "submit new thread" after you've responded. If you'd like to ask a question - share something etc. you can click on "new thread" at the top of the page when you come to the site. When you do that a page will open that says "title"- in there just type a heading of some sort - then you will see a large box where you can type what you wanted to ask or share. After you finish, scroll down a bit and click on "submit new thread."

I'm sorry if my explanations have confused you more. It's hard explaining how to do this on by typing it all out to you, ya know? I'm not that good at explaining things I guess.

Well, mainly, I wanted to welcome you to her2support. I'm sorry you have breast cancer but happy you found us. This board will help to make your journey a bit easier.

Praying God's Peace and Love to hold you close Pat....

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Bill

Wink

Welcome to the site, Pat. I can't add much to what Marejo has already said. This is an awesome site for information, supoort, and yes, positive and spiritual comfort. Also, believe it or not, once in awhile, we like to laugh and carry on, too. Everyone here has a great sense of humor. Thoughts and prayers for you, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Mary Jo

Yes, Pat, Bill is right...........we do all have a sense of humor around here. My goodness gracious, you have too...........how could we get through all this "stuff" without a sense of humor........and on that note...........

Bill, I'd like a cupcake too........I live near Lake Michigan.....couldn't you swing your yacht my way with a cupcake.................???

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Bill

Cool

Yes, of course, Marejo, I've got my charts and maps out now. I do need to hit the Delaware area when the weather breaks.....timing is very important. Then I think I can fit you in. I can't stay very long, however, because I really do need to whip down the East coast under full sail to get to Andi's place before hurricane season hits(she makes it sound really bad) and I had planned a nice side trip to Ecuador, but you know I'll do what I can to be there. I do have to schedule a trip up the Oregon coast as well. All aboard!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote