HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Madge

Terri-

I have read Dr. Lee's book and thought it made toal sense. I took it to my endocrinologist (referred to by my oncologist due to low blood sugar issues during treatment) to get his take on it---and he pretty much said he was not well versed in female hormones and did not know of anyone in town who was. I thought this is what endocrinologists dealt with was hormones, but then agiain what do I know?
I am still intrigued by his theories on breast cancer prevention/risk of recurrance and particularly found the progesterone info worth looking into furthur.
I am convinced I was terribly estrogen dominant for many months prior to my bc diagnosis--which is what took we to my ob/gyn. in the first place who discovered the cancer--
now that you bring this up I'm going to "re-read" the book. Let me know if ya'll pursue it furthur. If I remember correctly, he listed sources/companies he considered reputable for bio-identical hormones.
Love to hear your thoughts further--

Madge
Madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Angry

Nice to meet you, Madge!

I too went to consult an endocrinologist about these things. I was.... very definite, shall we say? about wanting to know why oncologists do not prepare women for the sexuality issues that are a direct result of chemotherapy for a lot of us, and why no endocrinologists are involved in our treatment plans and discussions so that we would be able to have genuine INFORMED CONSENT.

She too said endocrinologists are "not generally trained in that area". It appears the endocrinology training programs in colleges don't seem to think it is relevant?!

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote