HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
tousled1

Vanessa,

I'll be praying that the MRI shows nothing. I know that since I'm on Taxol weekly my legs feel very weak and sometimes just feel like they will give out. I haen't fallen at all though. I attribute my problem to the neuropathy caused by the Taxol.
Neoadjunct chemo: 4 A/C; 4 Taxatore
Bilateral mastectomy June 8, 2006
14 of 26 nodes positive
Herceptin June 22, 2006 - April 20, 2007
Radiation (X35) July 24-September 11, 2006
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
Stage IV lung mets July 13, 2007 - TCH
Single brain met - August 6, 2007 -CyberKnife
Oct 2007 - clear brain MRI and lung mets shrinking.
March 2008 lung met progression, brain still clear - begin Tykerb/Xeloda/Ixempra
tousled1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
Jean

Vanessa,
During hemo I had a few times where I would feel dizzy and my balance
was out of sink.

Glad you and your Granddaughter did not get hurt. Sending you
all good energy for great result with the MRI. Enjoy your walk
and Kudo's to you for particapting.

Hugs,
jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Catherine

Vanessa,
I agree rest and add the fluids. Will be praying for a "clean" MRI. Glad you fessed up. You are a strong woman, but these drugs are maybe stronger than we are. Do what you need to do to stay safe, we don't want you to mess up that pretty face with a head plant.

Thinking of you, hugs, Catherine

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
PinkGirl

Falls

Hi Vanessa
I fell three times during my chemo and herceptin treatments. The first two happened the same way - I had "squatted" down to pick something up off the floor, and I just rolled over and landed on my side on the floor. The third
time was a "trip". I just didn't get my foot up high enough on the steps and I wiped out - did a good job - split lip, 2 black eyes, and a broken nose. I didn't mention this to my docs. I thought it was from the fatigue, the stress, and the poisons being shot into my veins. I did mention the last one because my face was re-arranged and it was hard to hide. I think there could be a number of reasons for your falling. Good luck with your scans, and hopefully you are just clumsy

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Peggy

Me too!

Vanessa,

I have also fallen a bit. Had two fractures in fact. I simply could not right myself if I got the least bit off balance. Also, I tripped a lot. Anyway, I had the brain MRI and everything was fine. My body just had a hard time with the chemo. I have continued to be dizzy and fall some, so I had another MRI. Everything is still fine. Hopefully, it will be the same for you. I have changed some of my behaviors...I hold on to things more and walk a bit more carefully.

Peggy
Mastectomy, Rads x33 Herceptin X 9
3 Years NED!
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #6
PinkGirl

being careful

Peggy made some good points about having to be more careful now. I hang onto railings and am very careful on stairs. I sometimes misjudge where I am and walk into walls or edges of doors. I also make sure I am always in "good" shoes because my feet are a mess (hurt all the time). I am extra careful getting into the shower. Since Taxol, my legs and feet haven't been up to par.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation Watch Your Step

The dizziness and weak legs/feet that misstep and fumble have occurred to me and still do, though way less. I am extra careful, holding on to things, studying steps and inclines, stepping into and out of shower. I have witnessed first hand the effects of dehydration on a dear friend, who had to stop chemo and had a stroke, and from my husband who stopped eating and drinking when in such dire Shingles pain. I had begged both to DRINK. And I am begging you Vanessa, and all those on this board, to please drink 8-10 glasses of bottled water a day, every day. Like it's a prescription for wellness! It's your responsibility! I count the # of glasses I down throughout the day. 11 gulps = 1 glass. STICK WITH THE PROGRAM! PLEASE...

Good luck on the walk, though I wish you wouldn't because of how *dehydrating* it can be on your body. You therefore have to drink even MORE. I know this is a tough task, but it is essential! And nibbles ev 3 hrs keep you fueled and the fire within stoked! You must take this seriously! A broken anything is not a thing any of us needs at this point in time. Sent with pure unconditional genuine love...
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote