HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
mom22girlz

uterine cancer risk???

I was diagnosed with bc in 2006 when I was 47 years old. I was stage 1, ER and PR + and her2+. I did not have chemotherapy. I started tamoxifen about a year and a half ago and have had about 6 periods during that time. About 2 weeks ago, I had a period and it hasn't stopped yet. In my whole life, I have never had a period last longer than 5 days. Prior to my use of tamoxifen, I still had very regular periods. I called the Dr. and he said that I should monitor the situation and in three weeks, I should come in for a uterine bioposy. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to overreact, but I feel scared inside. Thanks. susan
mom22girlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Becky

This exactly happened to me. Two periods in a row. Both lasted about 3 weeks and the first week, I bled profusely. I didn't even bother to use a tampon - pointless. I had to use super duper overnight pads and change them every hour (or else). I had a uterine biopsy too and everything was fine even though my uterine lining was 15 mm when the norm is less than 5mm. My gyne and onc were worried sick and I wanted to remove my ovaries for countless reasons (paternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer - that was the biggest reason). So, I removed them. I was also on Tamoxifen at the time of these super periods. Then, I talked to one of my sisters who I am not that close with. She does not have bc. She is 2 years younger than me and she tells me she is having super periods too and her gyne is monitoring as it is the way some women go through menopause. Then my very best friend (and chemosaube) tells me the same. So if you look it up - some women get super bloody and long periods as they are going through menopause. I would check your uterus out via ultrasound at your gyne to be sure, but I suspect you are in the "lucky" group to bleed practically to death before the menopause is completed.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote