Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
PinkGirl

Talking Tip's favourite foods

Name:  10-04-2007%2009%3B20%3B51AM.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  16.1 KBShe had a hangover most of the time she was here. She drank some water
and nippled on cheese and peanuts. You'd probably do best with finger foods or maybe just order appetizers for her (with cheese). She definitely could use a sombrero - it was cool here when she left, but I warned her about wearing something to keep the sun off of her head. She has sunscreen. As for gifts, I forgot to mention that she likes to paint her nails.

Attachment 117

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-30-2008 at 10:51 AM..
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool One manicure/pedicure coming up... My pleasure.

Okay, did I miss something? Y'all are talking about music. I couldn't access Chrisy's link? Is that where I got lost behind?

I have *diamond* studs waiting for Pinkie's pierced ears. (Got them as a free gift from the Shiseido counter in Bloomingdale's.) I have a pink bc bracelet for her and a pink ribbon pin w/a HOPE charm to hang from it. I have sunglasses (w/UV protection) also (another free gift from Shiseido). Guess I buy a lot of moisturizer...

PINKIE, MY SWEET -- A WHOLE PICTURE OF YOU! This is blowing my mind. It is so nice to see all of you! THANK YOU FOR SHARING your dimples, bangs and all... And for starting the TipToe craze on the board. We're all in love and so anxious to physically share our energy, almost like in person, w/ea other. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of our mascot Chinese hamster (w/ or w/o her ovaries in tact). I could so empathize if it is the latter, being one *tata* down, though I have SUPPLEMENTED, OF COURSE w/my tram flam (I mean flap). Not complaining. I'm balanced -- and feel ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, in harmony... In sync.

WITH LOVE TO ALL MY SISTERS AND BROS,
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Sheila

Andi
I posted a link to her music....it was on page2...here it is.
Just wondering
What kind of swim suit will tip be wearing in Florida...I'm thinking she may need a thong with the tail issue she has.
I wish she could have come with me and my nurse friend to Key West last time we went....on second thought, maybe best she didn't....don't want to expose her to the wild side of breast cancer patients.

www.webhamster.com

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Cool Oh That Song...

Oh Sheila, That music is too funny. Makes me want to jump in the air and click my heels (even though I can't imagine I am physically capable of doing so). That song is sooo *spirited*! I will have to return to it throughout my day when feeling a lull in my energy center. THANKS for that.

I think TipToe will go topless (w/sunscreen of course). A free Spirit, after all... And I have a private pool, so...

Still can't get over the treat of FULL FRONTAL Pinkie! What a happy face. So glad for the pic, Pink One. And for all the other pics you attached. How clever you are. How'd you do that anyway??

Was in chemo rm today wishing I had Tip w/me. All the staff were wearing PINK! (BC Awareness mnth, ya know...) Guess we're all *aware* every month, I'm just sayin...

BTW, I'm aware in a GOOD way. There just always seems to be a moment where I free associate to the conversation and mention my situation. I am obviously (I'm told) full of joy and serenity, so when I speak of my experience, others feel inspired, and I don't mean just bc others. Met a divorced single mom yesterday, stressed out and overwhelmed. She sat mute getting manicured; couldn't even respond when asked what color polish she wanted. She just smiled. So we chatted over our nail-drying machines. You know, I can't keep my mouth shut. I write long posts... You can imagine what having an actual one on one conversation is like. Oh dear...

Others are immediately drawn in to the bc tale of horror told w/o any sign of the struggle evident. You look fabulous/great, they say. I think -- what, for an almost dead person? They look at me w/admiration and a sudden epiphany that their cares and woes could be so much worse. Their perspective expands and they start to brush the sky (which has seemingly fallen on their shoulders) off. They often part happy and saying things like, God bless you, You're beautiful inside and out, I love you... And my day is made! I bounce off feeling ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE, and *on purpose*! Just thought I'd share. Being aware of having or having had (as I see it) bc isn't always a burden, you know what I mean??

And TipToe will surely brighten my days, till I pass her on with loving energy from me and Pinkie to Marie (our chief BELIEVER). And then she will carry on w/the good vibes of three or four or so and on and on... What an awesome joyful venture we have undertaken. Can't wait to see the journal.

BIG HUGS,
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #5
Karen W

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, but I think Tiptoe is kind of like Flat Stanley. Am I right? You send Tiptoe around and (he/she?) lives and travels with you for a while and then Tiptoe is off to visit someone else.

Is that how it works?

Very cute.

Karen
Karen W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #6
DonnaD

Karen,
Please, please, please go back and read all the post about TipToe the Chinese hampster. You will laugh till you cry. She will soon be a celebrity. Do hope the press gets her name right, lets see its Tip Toe, Tip, Tipsy and Tippy? Wonder what one she likes best. Lets hope she does not take after Brittney. Andi if she wants to be a bartender tell her NO!

Can't wait to meet her in San Antonio.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
PinkGirl

Talking me again

Yes Wendy, Tiptoe is just like Flat Stanley only she's not flat. She will be visiting everyone on this Board who wants her (and her journal.)

Andi.......... GATORS ??? You didn't mention that when you invited Tip to your house. I thought those things were only in the swamps somewhere in the deep south. Oh, I guess Florida is south.... I watched a CSI program one night where a gator ended up in someone's swimming pool.......flotation device or little rubber raft won't help Tip get through that.....

Your city sounds beautiful. There's so much for you to show Tiptoe. Did she tell you about the one grocery store here, and the stop signs? She kept asking me where the traffic lights were. I hope this adventure isn't too much for her.....culture shock.....Her dark eyes got huge when I told her to watch out for the black bears that come into town on "garbage day". Hopefully she can handle all of this.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Talking

Okay, Pinkie... BLACK BEARS?????? On garbage day? Oh, dear.

My friend's mother actually wound up w/a gator in her pool. Cut through her screening and came up from the lake (which is connected to the canals).

Some hang out on the golf courses, minding their own business. They have signs posted -- BEWARE OF ALLIGATORS. Once was Chase was a pup he ran away. My dghtr came w/her kids to help in the search. As darkness fell, and we were frantic, Paul went out in a golf cart w/my then 6 yr old granddghtr, calling for Chase to come. She could read. When she saw the sign, she said, OH MY GOD... And called even louder. CHASE!!! My then 3 yr old grandson stayed w/me at the house, hoping for a call. Mima, what will we do? I said, Have you ever prayed? Yes, he said. LET'S PRAY NOW.

We went out the next morning, Paul and I in 1 car w/Scamper and Ali in her car w/kids and Dibs and Dash. I had a Costco BarBQ chicken cut open in foil hanging out the car window, hoping to entice him w/the scent. Figured, if he survived, he'd be hungry. I PRAYED ALL NIGHT. And we got him! I think he was lost. He was frozen (from the coldest night of the yr, 50's, and/or from fear) in the bushes. Ali saw his big black eyes, pulled off the road (at the entrance to our *village*), put the car in gear and instructed the kids to hold their dogs leashes tight and NOT TO MOVE! She ran across the main road of the community I live in (Broken Sound) and snatched him up. He was shivering. Once in the car Dash (her Maltese cousin) jumped from the back seat and threw his body across Chase, to warm him up. We all cried w/joy!

All night I prayed that no alligator would eat him for dinner...
Andi

Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #9
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool By my front door...

TIPTOE AMONG THE FLORA IN BOCA...
[IMG]aoladp://MA17536173-0012/boysandtiptoe%20041.JPG[/IMG]
Andi

This is miraculous...

Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
Andrea Barnett Budin

Wink

A miraculous failure. Sorry. I'm working on it...