HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Ragini

Question Anybody tried Immunopower and/or Cantron?

I'm into my second round of Doxil, not feeling good, in lots of pain from bone mets, and wondering what else I can do to help myself.
My brother sent me some info (including glowing video testimonials) on Cantron as well as some stuff on Immunopower.
Has anyone tried either of these? If so, was it any help in any way whatsoever?

Prayers and hugs to all,
Ragini
Ragini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
dorinda

Hi, Ragini, Sorry You Are In So Much Pain With The Bone Mets. I Have Not Heard Of Cantron But Im Sure You Will Get Some Good Advice From The People Here. I Just Wanted To Ask If You Are On Herceptine And Where Is Your Bone Mets. My Spine Was Just Covered With Bone Mets When I Started This Journey And I Was Put On Herceptine Rite Away. I Was In A Great Deal Of Pain. It Was Horrible. I Could Not Lay Down Had To Sleep In My Recliner For Months. I Could Not Lift Anything And Just Getting Up And Down From The Chair Was Painful. After About Two Months On Herceptine My Pain Sunsided And I Could Lay In My Bed.by The Time I Was Suppose To Go Back To Work My Pain Was Gone And Has Not Returned. Praise God!! I Know Hereptine Was The Miracle Drug And Thats Why I Was Wondering If You Are On It.will Keep You In My Prayers Dorinda
nov 2006 dx. with bc. 3 tumors removed from left breast lumpectomy done. her2 postive er+pr-. scans showed extensive spine mets(to many to count) ,3 tumors on left rib,one tumor on skull and 3 tumors on liver. stage IV from get go. dec.2006 started chemo taxol and herceptine wkly. zometa monthly. rescanned in march 2007, liver tumors shrinking a little. bones to early to tell but pain is gone in my back. rescanned in june 2007. liver mets gone, bone scan looking better but still alot in my spine. still on taxol and herceptine. zometa monthly. rescanned in august due to ca 2729 going up. liver still good , mets in ribs and skull gone but multiple areas still on lumbar and sacrum. mri of brain august 07 negative for mets.I AM BELIEVLING GOD FOR MY HEALING.
dorinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
R.B.

Hi Ragini,

I am sorry to hear what you are going through. It must be very difficult.

I had a quick look at your posts and did not see anything on diet.

Clearly, the first issue is that you must discuss any changes to your diet with your professional advisers. Different oncologists have different viewpoints on supplements.

You might like to look at some of the posts on this board on the omega-3 and six. You might also like to look at the breast cancer diet post and the Greek diet post. If you have not found it and it took me a while if you click on the label search above you can enter search terms such as omega three, omega six, flax seed, Greek diet, breast cancer diet etc.

There is quite a lot of material that suggests that cancer risks can be reduced by diet.

Please come back if you would like some links etc.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Ragini

Dorinda, I'm very glad that Herceptin seems to have done the job for you. I've been on Herceptin for quite a few years now (lost count in fact), and I'm convinced it kept the disease at bay for quite some time. But slowly the disease kept going. I've been fighting for almost 10 years now and I'm soooooo tired.

RB, thanks for your inputs. I've been looking at diet recently too. That's where I got the lead on Immunopower from (Dr Quillin's book on nutrition to battle cancer). I'll certainly follow your suggestions.

Ragini
Ragini is offline   Reply With Quote