HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
Chelee

It seems if its going to happen, it happens to you. I did have 2 cysts when I had my ooph but it all came out and my gyne and onc tested me 3 times to make sure (as you are correct on the cyst situation). But Chelee, I know God loves you and is just testing your sense of humor because if I were you, I wouldn't be worrying about breast cancer anymore - a stroke comes to mind instead. I would have to be on serious bipolar drugs by now.

You are weathering your storms gallantly dear girl. Do the Zoladex and Femara. What choice do you really have right now? Soon enough real menopause will come. Get your hormones run every 6-9 months so you know for sure. Gosh darn it. I know you will just take this - my motto is that you can make life easy or you can make life hard and there's nothing you can do about this. However, I would insist on a pelvic ultrasound at your gyne to see if he sees anything anywhere that "might" be easy to remove. Insist on seeing that he removed BOTH ovaries and BOTH fallopian tubes too.

I think of you often Chelee. Your name makes me smile.

Love,
__________________
Kind regards

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter