HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
kristen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 202
Hi HavahJ,
All I know from what others have told me, (my CA 27-29 rises), but is still in the normal range), If it's active again, it skyrockets. A little variation just could be a cold or something else going on that it would pick up on. I made a deal with my onc. since she doesn't believe in TM's. I said if it spikes, could re recheck it in a month? Yes, to that. She feels that symptoms will show long before the markers go up. From this site, you know that is not always the case. I am not currently on the Bayer Her2 test. I think from being on the study, that when I go for my check-ups that they draw blood for a blood test, I think it's the Bayer test, but nothing confirmed on that. They also draw blood for some heart test.
I would keep an eye on it and if it is out of range, ask your onc. to repeat it the following month to give you some peace of mind. My best to you.
__________________
Take care, k
DX: 10/29/03-Stage IIB, 3/12 nodes +, er/pr-,
Grade 3
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter