HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Sheryl H

Warm breast, anyone experience this?

I had DCIS and IDC in Dec. of 2006, surgery (lumpectomy) on Dec. 12th. Went through radiation in Jan. and Feb. Had four A/C chemo treatments, the last of which was May 23rd. Yeah!!! Had a mammo done around the middle of May, just before I had to see my radiologist for a follow-up. No residual cancer, no recurrence. Yeah again!!! Then last Tuesday morning while I was on the computer, I realized that my breast felt slightly irritated. When I felt it, I could feel it was warmer than the other. No redness, no swelling, no sign of infection. As I had an appointment with my onc the next day, I asked him about it. I felt like he just brushed it off. Said he couldn't feel that much difference, and, of course, he didn't see any evidence of infection, no redness, etc. Thought maybe there wasn't that much difference after all, but then I asked my husband to see if he could tell the difference. He said he definitely could. Called my radiologist the next day, and he had me come in that afternoon. Good guy. I had heard that chemo sometimes causes some effects of the radiation to come back, and I thought that might be it. Examined me and said he could tell the difference but thought everything was okay. Thought maybe I had exerted myself a little too much lifting or whatever and may have pulled a muscle, so would have increased blood flow to the area. Said he couldn't feel anything that he thought I should be concerned about. He thought it would just gradually get better. If it didn't though or got worse, to let him know, and he would schedlule an MRI.

I am so sorry this is such a long post, but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else.
Sheryl H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
Soccermom

Dear Sheryl,
I was just reading about another survivor (on another forum) that was complaining of the same symptoms!
Her husband is a Doc and has already started her on antibiotics. It was suugested that she may have cellulitis and until she can see her Doc on Monday, he thought it the prudent thing to do.
Make sure you contact your Doc again ASAP to be sure its not an infection,
Hope yo hear your feeling better soon!
Marcia
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote