HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Shad

Claritin may help pain after Neulasta injection

I spoke to a nurse at the oncology center and mentioned the thread discussing pain after Neulasta. She told me she had heard at a meeting that over-the-counter Claritin may be effective in helping alleviate the pain after Neulasta. The theory is that the pain may be histamine-mediated. May be worth a try.
Shad
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
pffida

After suffering quite a bit with my first neulasta shot, the oncology nurse told me about the "cocktail" she heard about at a conference. In addition to taking Claritin, also take benadryl and extra strength tylenol. I've never been a tylenol person (I get migraines), but I have to tell you, the difference in my pain after taking the "cocktail" was REMARKABLE! I was actually able to sleep, and the discomfort/pain was reduced by at least 75%. I ALWAYS take benadryl because of runny nose and intense itching from Taxol. For some reason, combining all three really seems to help. I only had to faithfully take them for about three days. Then, no side effects.
ER/PR-, HER2+++
  • 4 rounds AC - every 3 weeks
  • 3 rounds Taxol + Herceptin - every 3 weeks (developed allergy to Taxol so stopped treatment)
  • Weekly Herceptin after Herceptin-induced cardiomyopathy from treatments every 3 weeks
pffida is offline   Reply With Quote