HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
mke
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 64
Hi Nancy,

I'm in Canada. I pay less attention than most to the details of my pathology and very little to survival statistics. Mostly because I think that the survival statistics for Her2+ cancers are useless. I think that it was first approved for general use in metatstatic BC in 1998. Only in 2006 was in in general use for those with non-metastatic BC. Herceptin, so far, looks like such an effective tool that pre-herceptin stats are not applicable in a post-herceptin era.

I suggest that you google "The Median is not the Message", and essay written by Steven Jay Gould. It's a good discussion of the limitations of statistics.
mke is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter