HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #21
dawn

Tricia,

You are what gives us all INSPIRATION!!! I hope that when I'm 77, (and I plan on fighting this and with God's help living that long), that I have your attitude, stamina and fight. You are truly one of the leaders to be looked up to here.

Thank you

Dawn

Mar 2006Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 8 of 18 pos 03/14/06: Mastectomy 04/19/06 started Chemo adriamycin, chlophosphamide, taxotere 25 rads
Nov 1, 06: 3 years Tamoxifen, Herceptin (1yr)
Jan 2009 Femara mets to bone aromasin and aredia
June2009: Full Histerectomy
2/22/2010 6 spots in liver 2 mm-10 mm: switched to xeloda and Herceptin will continue with Aredia J
Scan February 2011 new onc, switch to abraxane
April 2011 NED clear organs, 3 spots on bone scar tissue.
Scans August 2mm spot on liver and lungs. now on to tykerb/xeloda
Dec 2011 scans nothing on lungs, liver down to 1 2 mm spot. j
une 2012 another spot on liver on to cisplatin/gemzar.

dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #22
TriciaK

Thank you for all your comments! It is so good to share good news with one another. My brother-in-law, when he heard I was back out of the hospital and on the mend again, emailed me: "You have done it again! I think you should donate your body to science for study, if you ever die!" He's been around for the whole 22 years of ups and downs, so I thought his comment was really amusing! Hugs to all, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #23
Cathy1

Hi Tricia

You're just a baby at 77! My mom is 86 and is getting 10 radiations for back pain. They say they can control it with radiation. It worked last time for her.
About your heart- There is a woman where I get my chemo that had cancer and heart trouble also. Her heart was so bad that she was on a transplant list. They were unable to find a heart for her and it's a good thing, because she joined the Wellness Center while she was waiting for the heart and they put her on and exercise program. The heart repaired itself so much through the exercise, that she didn't need a new one after all!
You are a great inspiration and a true warrior! Keep praying and thinking positive. It's just another bump in the road! God Bless You, Cathy
Cathy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
TriciaK

Cathy, thank you for your post! Your mom sounds great, and I agree about the exercise. I've been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and heart failure, and the cardiologist believes the herceptin probably contributed. But after the heart attack and then BC mets to my lungs, I had a choice of dying from the her2 cancer or risking damage from the herceptin. Needless to say, I chose the herceptin! They have now put me on a high dose of coreg cr twice a day and I feel much better. I am walking every day and hope to build my heart back up too!
Of course, I would rather dance than walk so hope to work up to that point soon ! Say hi to your mom for me! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
mamacze

Dear Tricia,
I haven't logged on for awhile, and I was so very happy to read your post and update; but absolutely dazed at trying to imagine the rollar coaster ride you have been on. It sounds like you have been working hard just trying to balance the damage from the Herceptin with all the work you are doing to keep your heart in acceptable shape. Of course all of this is just secondary to your uplifting spirit which is such a motivator to your buddies here.
Tricia, I too have had some damage to my heart after 3 years on Herceptin. My MUGA had dropped to 55%...I followed my cardiologists suggestions to elevate my heart rate 1 hour per day and of course load up on flax, omega 3's, salmon, etc, coQ 10...which I did and last week; (6 months later) my most recent MUGA measured 65%! So it can be done...but your heart is precious so exercise with care!
God speed and continue with spirits lifting! You are such a role model for us!
Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #26
Joy

You will always be my hero

It is so loving of you Tricia to take time out of your life to share your triumphs and any troubles. You embody such grace and peace in the face of some very ugly things. I want to learn to do that and you are a great role model. TAKE GOOD CARE-I love St. George, by the way!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote