HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
NoraC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Just outside Oslo, Norway
Posts: 3
I started off on Tamoxifen right after masectomy/chemo and rads in 2000.
At 44 then I still hadn't entered menopause. So when they in 2002 found mets to the pelvis bone my doctor put me in menopause. As I had to get radiation to my pelvis anyway I also radiated the ovaries to put them "to sleep". With some doses of Zoladex I entered menopause very swiftly. This in turn made it possible to use AI's, more specifically Aromasin(exemestane) which worked wonders for me.
I think it's a good idea to have the ovaries removed. It is a small operation, and you can get started on AIs which I believe is a better and more modern treatment than Tamoxifen.
I also have two friends (twins) who have the agressive BRCA gene, but no cancer, and they both have removed their ovaries to be on the safe side.
I belive it is very important to feel safe with your treatment, so I think you should go with whatever makes you feel most at ease.
Good luck,
NoraC
NoraC is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter