HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Cathy1

Heard of "florescence?"

Has anyone ever heard of a drink called "florescence?" My friend told me about a person that drank it because they had so much cancer and the doc said she couldn't get chemo anymore. They said the cancer disappeared.
I know that things that seem too good to be true, usually aren't, but just wanted to check. God Bless You All- Cathy
Cathy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
vickie h

Essiac or Florescence

Cathy, Floescense is a liquid drink that is actually "Essiac" tea. A nurse by the name of Rene c. (I don't remember her last name but you can google Essiac) used this formula on terminally ill cancer patients back in the 1920's with success. It is now marketed under the name Floresence and can be purchased online as well as health food stores. It is expensive and I used it for months when I was first diagnosed. Do your research on it and decide what you think of it. There are numerous records of people who did survive on this formula who were sent home to die. Much luck, Vickie
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
chrisy

Her last name was "caisse"

Which, spelled backwards, is "essiac" which is where the name came from. I have not used this (although I did buy some once and still have it!); I'd agree, do all your research on this before you decide. Not sure how legit the claims are for this one, but I too have heard anecdotal stories from friends. I also read recently some negative stuff about it. Truth is, there is not much available "strong evidence" it works - but who knows.

Please do research this as thoroughly as possible, then you just have to decide if the claims are well supported enough to try it.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #4
vickie h

Essiac

Hi again Cathy, Like I said, this formula was used on terminally Ill patients, and there are many Documented cases of recoveries. It all but passed the Canadien Parliament as a viable cancer treatment, but fell a few votes short in the 1930's. I am glad you are exploring other alternative methods, as conventional chemo is not the only answer, as we can see by the cancer mortality rates in this country. When I took Essiac, it was through the first year of chemo and I did amazingly well. I credit the tea with helping my immune system stay as strong as it did. Saddly, there is not as much research here in the US as there is in Canada. But there is a wealth of information out there and I hope you utilize it. Conventional medicine is not the only answer. Diet, exercise, spirituality, etc have a great deal to do with our healing. Allopathic medicine only addresses a fragment of the disease. Let me know how you do. Love, Vickie
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote