HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
RobinP

Benifits of lower fat diet...

According to the new WINS study findings, a lower fat diet helps reduce bc relapse. However, I realize some here are very obessed with making sure they have adequate omega3s. Though sometimes I wonder how much is too much omega 3 for her2 + bc patients. I don't doubt that the omega 3s have a positive impact on the heart and in reducing inflammatory processes. At the same time, I like to propose that less of all fats, including the omega threes, in the light of the new WINS findings, is the best diet for bc patients. Furthermore, maybe the inflammatory processes may best be reduced via tumeric, a natural cox2 inhibitor rather than loading on the omega3s.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Lauriemn

I think there are good sources of omega-3 that are also low in fat. I eat herring, which only has 2 grams of fat per serving. I also eat Barilla pasta plus, which has ALA omega-3 and only has 1 gram of fat.

After reading all the posts from RB and others, I think it is even more important to cut down on our consumption of omega-6 oils, so we have a better balance of omega-3 and 6.

I think there is a way to do both things, increasing omega-3s (and improving the 3 to 6 balance) and eating a low fat diet.

Laurie
Lauriemn is offline   Reply With Quote