HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
Celeste

Tykerb and tumor markers

I am on EAP Tykerb with Xeloda and my first scan was OK but my tumor markers are rising. Anyone else experience rising tumor markers with Tykerb? Would really like to hear from others on Tykerb.

Thanks so much!!!
Celeste
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #2
Ragini

Tykerb and tumor markers

Hi celeste,
I have been on the Eap program since September 06 and am due for my 2nd set of scans early March. My tumor markers initially went down from 150 to one 102 in the first 4months and the first set of scans revealed some improvement but after that my markers started increasing slowly but now there has been a sudden jummp to 155. The doc has aske me o continue the meds for weeks and then go for all the scans. According to him the scans are the ones which reveal the true picture of cancer and one sould not be worried incase the markers rise. I just hope he is right. If your scans are all fine I would not worry too much.
How long have you been on the EAp? and what has been your exp with side effects? with lots of hugs.

Ragini
Ragini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
Celeste

Ragini-

I didn't realize anyone had responded to my post. I had a CT- chest/abdomen and bone scan this week. The scans showed no disease progression(i have bone mets) but my tumor marker(CA 15-3) is up to 500 from 213. Don't know what to make of this, but I realize the scans don't lie. I kept wondering if something in the Tykerb may be making the tumor markers go wacky/

What's your status?

Celeste
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #4
Lani

Ragini and Celeste

are you ER+ or ER-. i posted some articles under another thread regarding the upcoming approval of lapatinib which discuss the possible difference in response/ maintenance of response to lapatinib depending on ER status.
Thanks!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Celeste

Lani-

I am ER positive. where are the postings?

Thanks,
Celeste