HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
mekasan

remembering weird stuff after herceptin!

Hi Everyone,
I am having a very bizarre experience. I just wanted to share (as well as determine whehter I am completely abnormal).

I returned to law school and work full time at the end of 8/06. I had my last round of herceptin on 12/6/06. Upon returning to school, I found that I was easily confused with numbers, especially dates, and often felt that it was still 2005 (like I lost a whole year). I was sincerely concerned that I would fail my finals (here we get one grade for each class based on the one test we take at the end of each semester) because when asked to recall information on demand, I just could not perform.

Just last week I began filingl out applications for the bar exams I plan to take and I am asked to put down information about work, education, residence, etc for the past ten years. For some odd reason I am remembering specific details of all types of things, like my zip code from 1997, most of my apartment numbers (and I moved almost every year btw 1997 and 2003), the exact addresses of people I have visited 1 time, etc! I am checking all this information and finding that I am remembering correctly. I am scaring my friends as well as myself.

My question--or hope-- is that maybe after a year and a half of memory struggles, now that the drugs have left my system, my brain has bounced back or somehow is over compensating after being held back for so long.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I hope that this brings some calm to those who worry that their memories will never be the same afterwards. I know I was scared (and still am), but now I feel a bit better.

Thanks,
Shannon
4 cm DCIS
0 nodes
ER-/PR-
Her2+ (5.33 FISH)
AC (4 cycles)
Bi-lat mastectomy w/ lat flap recon + cohesive gel implants
1 year (every 3 weeks) Herceptin
mekasan is offline   Reply With Quote