HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
casabaum
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks for your reply.

Resection was not possible at the time of her first liver met as it was too close to the veins--portal and vena cava.

She did have an evaluation for RFA, or like treatments with a liver specialist early on--which the doctor was willing to do at that point, we decided against it, and opted for the whole body chemo/biological option.

At this point, it is making a decision on what to do next.

This morning the Onc recommended Sorafenib mixed with cytoxan and methatrexate.

I quickly found an article on Sorafenib and didn't think the results were very promising.

I called MD Anderson, trying to get info on microspheres (direct radiation) and LITT. They referred me to a doctor in
<st2:State><st2lace>Colorado</st2lace></st2:State> on the microspheres and informed me no one in US is using LITT.

They did however, present a trial that she might just qualify for, it is chemo-emobilzation direct to the liver. The chemo is paciltaxel.

Is that a good option--Can you get chemo-emobilzation, out of trial? Is there a drug proven most successful delivered straight to the liver? How about TACE? Is that targeted radiation? Is TACE available out of trial?

She did have taxotere--once again, I did not include her whole history. In addition she has had herceptin (over a year's worth), avasitn, zeloda, abraxene, epirubicin and ...

At some point I will try to create a better history.

I see that you have done LITT. I have sent an email to a
<st3:Person><st2:PersonName><st1:title>Dr.</st1:title><st1:Sn>Mack</st1:Sn></st2:PersonName></st3:Person>--I found it on the study. Do you have good contact info for this procedure or more info. I saw the 2004 study but am interested to see results since then.

Thanks, for your help.

We are NOT GIVING UP!!!!

She has 4 girls, ages 5-12, and 6 brothers and sisters, who are not ready to see her go.

<st2:PersonName><st1:GivenName>Colleen</st1:GivenName>
<st1:Sn></st1:Sn></st2:PersonName>

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
casabaum is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter