HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
RobinP
Senior Member
 
RobinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 943
Talking screening tests....

Hi Kim,

Immediately after I was diagnosed with bc,my onocologist thought that no regular scans or blood tests should be done for early stage bc. My MD from Dana Farber Cancer Center told me that by the time a blood test or scan would pick something up it would be about the same time that I would have physicial symptoms of a relapse. Also, he felt that such scans would increase my anxiety and decrease my quality of life unnecessarily. I didn't exactly follow his recommendations. I used to do yearly CEA tests, MRIs to the head, and liver enzyme tests. However, now that I am almost five years out, the only tests that I do regularly are the liver enymes. I think I feel alot more cancer free with less stress since I have reduced the witch hunt and vigilence.

PS. Let me just say if I weren't early stage, my approach would be different. I think if I were later stage, like III, I would be more vigilent with blood tests and the works.
__________________
Robin
2002- dx her2 positive DCIS/bc TX Mast, herceptin chemo
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter