HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #1
Patty H

There are no extended tykerb places in Indiana. But the the lady I talked to on the phone said I could drive 3 hours to another state to get started on it. They are going to open up one in Indianapolis and when they do I could switch over to it. So if there is one with in driving distance, you only have to go every 3 weeks. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
Christine MH-UK

Just a thought

Since GSK also has an ongoing trial for tykerb and IBC in some places, it may be that they are being a bit careful about putting IBC into the EAP for all places. However, since the nearest trial for tykerb and IBC to you seems to be Seattle, that might change matters.

If anyone is interested, the info on the tykerb/IBC trial is: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/sho...105950?order=2

Good luck,

Christine
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
PamP

I am also waiting to be eligible for tykerb. I have bone mets and according to my oncologist I am not eligible for a trial. But he also said it might be fda approved & available to me .... hopefully within the next several months. Anyone have any info on that?

I also have ibc, dx in 2001. Currently i have been on xeloda/hercpeting for about 13 months. on this treatment my bone mets have remained stable, but when I can get tykerb my doc will add that also.
PamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:39 AM   #4
Joe
Webmaster

GSK has applied to the FDA for approval. The drug had been given "fast track" status by the FDA which guarantees an answer within 6 months. So it may be approved by March 2007.

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote