HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
LoisLane
Senior Member
 
LoisLane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Thornhill Ontario Canada
Posts: 266
Re: Sanjay Gupta talks about Metformin

Hi Cathy There are quite a few Metformin trials going in Toronto at the present time. I believe Princess Margaret and perhaps Mt. Sinai. On my last visit to my oncologist I had asked if I could go into the trial because they are looking for early stage breast cancer but you had to have been diagnosed not more than a year previously. I am four years out now so did not qualify. I suppose when these trials do concur that they help prevent recurrence it should be available to all. I believe quite a few women on the boards are taking metformin. Lois
__________________
August 2008
Lumpectomy left breast
1 tumour 0.9 cm
Her2 negative
lymph nodes negative
venous/lymphatic invasion absent
ER+PR-
Stage I Grade 2
Radiation and Femara

November 2008
Lumpectomy right breast
2 tumours .03 cm and .05 cm and extensive DCIS
.05 tumour Her2+
lymph node negative
venous/lymphatic invasion "indeterminate"
ER+PR low postive
Stage 1 Grade 2

January 2009
bilateral mastectomy
chemotherapy taxotere
Herceptin one year
Femara
LoisLane is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter