HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
Lisa1962
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 41
I'm in Westfield. My oncologist is Dr. Bonni Gearhart in the Cancer Center at Overlook.

The surgeon who performed my mastectomy is in NYC - Dr. Eleni Tousimis - she works out of NY Presbyterian/Cornell Medical Center.

I liked my NJ surgeon - but the plastic surgeon I used for reconstruction was in NYC - thus needing a doctor in NYC so I could have the mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time.

The NJ Sugeon I liked (but didn't use) was Michelle O'Shea - her partner Diana Addis is very good also. she came into her office on Christmas Eve for a friend of mine who was having trouble - brought her kids for the few minutes it took for a quick visit. Both women are very caring.

And I can't get the "bold" out of my post today - sorry ???
__________________
Diagnosed 2/05 as Stage IV
ER/PR and HER-2 +
Lisa1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
JSH
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Lisa,

My surgeon was Dr. Tousimis as well - lumpectomy. After radiation at Sloan Kettering NJ I went back to the oncologist in NY due to lots of aggrevation over Sloan Kettering billing practices.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
Joe
Webmaster
 
Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Home of the "Flying Tomato" Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 2,036
Images: 5
Karen,
For a surgeon I would recommend Dr. Elisa Santoro also at St. Barnabas.

regards
Joe
__________________
A Proud webmaster to the internet's most informed, educated, COMPASSIONATE and caring group of breast cancer survivors.

Illegitimi non carborundum


My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
Lisa1962
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 41
JSH

I remember my dad having billing problems with Sloan. After he died my step mom actually paid some things she didn't need to - just to be done with them.

I just saw Dr. Tousimis at the beginning of the month. she was quite pregnant and was due sometime around now.
__________________
Diagnosed 2/05 as Stage IV
ER/PR and HER-2 +
Lisa1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter