HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #4
MJo
Senior Member
 
MJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilmington, Del.
Posts: 1,126
I got myself tested for mouse protein allergy before starting Herceptin, since mouse protein is used in manufacture of the drug. Also Taxol is made from the ewe tree and they add something to taxol that is derived from castor beans. You could be allergic to anything. I got a rash on my hands when I took A/C. Funny, I wasn't worried about allergy to A/C. I was worried about Taxol and Herceptin. ut I had no trouble with T and H, which is what I was nervous about (though had to stop Herceptin at 9 months due to heart issues). Had the rash with A/C. Go figure.
__________________
MJO

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter