HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
TriciaK

Smile Fyi

Just thought you might be interested: I gave up on the cardiologist who had never heard of herceptin and didn't want to give me a MUGA and treated me like I was going to die of cancer anyway, so why bother. Anyway I went to a new cardiologist Monday. He seems to think the bypass surgery for my heart has been postponed long enough (2 years) and now that I am NED, it's a good time to go for it. I am having an angiogram tomorrow to see if the heart blockage is any better or worse and then he will give me an opinion about going ahead with the surgery. I am both scared and excited! It would be wonderful to be able to go visit my grand and great grand children who mostly live at altitudes over 5 thousand. Right now I can visit rarely and for very short periods, barely breathing with oxygen 24/7. So say a prayer for me and wish me luck! I'll let you know how the angiogram goes and if we are planning to go further. Hugs, Tricia (PS> The new cardiologist looks like Sonny Bono with a touch of Jeff Foxworthy thrown in. He has a sense of humor--which my stuffy former heart doctor didn't have! He even wears cowboy boots! What an improvement!)
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote