HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Kavy

No more Ixempra to me

Hi, my friends,

After being on Ixempra/Herceptin since October last year (12 treatments), I had progression on my lung mets, just when my body was getting used to the combo, and the side effects were getting better, even though the neuropathy was getting worse. According to my nurse, I was the only one still on Ixempra, everybody else gave up because of the side effects, so the doctors were keeping an eye on me.
I will be starting Tykerb/Xeloda as soon as I receive the drugs. I am worried about this combo, because I had Xeloda before with Herceptin for 3 months, and it did not work for me, the side effects were very strong as well. I wonder how it is going to be with the added Tykerb, besides, after being on Ixempra for so long and 4 years of different chemo/Herceptin, my body is not the same, I feel tired, I move slowly, I have short of breath lately, I do not have the same energy that I had when I took Xeloda before, and my feet are already very dry and numb from Ixempra. I wonder how it is going to be this time.
I need your prayers, wonderful people, for this combo to work and for the side effects to be doable. I need your experience with this combo as well.
Thank you.
God bless you all.
Kavy.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote