PDA

View Full Version : The Conspiracy To End Cancer

ElaineM
04-13-2013, 06:48 PM
The Conspiracy To End Cancer

(How to Cure Cancer)

Interesting article from the April 1, 2013 issue of Time Magazine about the latest advances in cancer treatment

http://healthland.time.com/2013/04/01/the-conspiracy-to-end-cancer/

CarolineC
04-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks so much, Elaine, for this article. It IS very interesting. I like the term "rock looker underer".

Caroline

Ellie F
04-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Thanks Elaine
A really interesting article once again showing the complexity of cancer! Lets hope these dream teams make significant progress.
Ellie

NEDenise
04-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Elaine,
VERY interesting article! I had no idea SU2C was so well organized and was taking such a novel approach to research. I'm thinking they're worthy of some chatter as a 'go-to' charity for my friends who ask my opinion. Hey! If you can't trust Katie Couric...who can you trust!
Thanks for posting this link!
Denise

jacqueline1102
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Indeed, a most interesting article. And yes, Stand Up 2 Cancer is an excellent organization. This is the organization that I am telling my family and friends to donate their monies to as this is a true research based entity. Whereas, Komen has it's place, it takes alot of money to support races what with administrative and marketing costs. Annual reports are a very interesting read.

Take care,

Jackie

Nancy L
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Good article but doesn't give credit to all the women involved in founding this effort. See others at http://www.standup2cancer.org/su2c_leadership#lz. Noreen Fraser is fighting Stage 4 disease. You may want to read her blog.

For everyone like me fighting stage 4
BC, we need to keep visibility on the major fact that 30% of all women
diagnosed with BC will eventually hear from her doctor--"it's back. But only
5% of research dollars are
targeted to understanding metastasis. This is why we still have 40k die of BC each year. This won't change until metastasis is the main focus of research. Metastatic breast cancer is the only breast cancer that kills.

Ellie F
04-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Here, here ! Eric Winer is reported to have said that we should put most of our resources into researching a cure for metastatic bc! Once we can cure this we can stop worrying about early stage as we will understand how to deal with it!
Ellie