PDA

View Full Version : Educated, and those who live alone hit hardest by breast cancer

News
10-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Australian researchers say that women who live alone, and those who are well-educated are likely hit hardest by the emotional toll of breast cancer.

More... (http://www.healthcentral.com/breast-cancer/news-409506-98.html)

Jackie07
11-04-2009, 09:24 PM
'Liveing alone' during cancer treatment has got to be hard. When there are other people around, we can get distracted and lessen the emotional impact. There's also the fatigue issue. When I am alone, I tend to get tears in my eys easily whenever I encounter 'challenges'.

As for the 'Educated' part, I thought about the expression: "A little knowledge is dangerous knowledge." Perhaps the more educated a woman is, the more 'truth' she thinks she knows - not realizing that her judgement can be skewed by her own emotion and over-confidence on a subject that she's forced to face. Since there is so much 'misinformation' floating in the society - especially on the Internet, women who have more formal education probably will have more worries just because of the overwhelming amount of information.