PDA

View Full Version : Quality of life for 5-year breast cancer survivors similar to general population

Hopeful
09-29-2008, 06:33 AM
http://www.breastcancersource.com/breastcancersourcehcp/6096_34458_0_0_0.aspx?

Hopeful

AlaskaAngel
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I think most people, especially those who are not cancer survivors, are very easily misled by the title of the article and assume that anyone who is 5 years out from breast cancer treatment fares similarly to the general population.

A better title would be, "Quality of life for 5-year breast cancer survivors not treated with chemotherapy is similar to general population". It is pretty significant that the study was only done in regard to those who never had chemotherapy.

AlaskaAngel

Barbara2
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. Too bad there isn't a place for follow up remarks to the article.

Hopeful
09-29-2008, 07:15 PM
The article was based on a presentation given at the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology; Boston, Massachusetts, 21-25 September, 2008. I checked their website but it has not been updated with the abstracts yet. The text of this article says the women were asked to complete the questionnaire during routine follow-up visits with their oncologists, which makes me believe at least some of them were treated with chemotherapy. I will revive the thread when the abstract becomes available, so we can see what tx these patients had.

Hopeful