PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Centers of America

tdonnelly
06-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Is anyone familiar with the protocol for cancer treatment at Cancer Centers of America? How is their approach different or more successful?

My aunt has cancer in the lymph nodes in her neck that have spread; affecting her kidney and bladder. Her treatment this past year has kept the cancer stable but interferes with her platlet count. She would like a second opinion or look into possible clinical trials. Where do you begin?

Thank you for any info. or assistance.

Tamara
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 10/2006 HER2+

Lani
06-14-2008, 01:11 PM
That might make it possible to give a practical recommendation

Otherwise, have no info to offer on CCA

Chelee
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Tamara, I personally haven't dealt with CTCA...but Lu Ann which has since passed away sure did. We use to talk via email quite a bit and she absolutely loved them. CTCA paid for there flight out there & lodging at that time. She said she was never treated as well as she was there. She was very pleased with their treatment for her.

You might try the "search" on this board and type in "CTCA" and you will find some posts about them. I do know if you call CTCA they will answer all your questions & send you a video tape along with other information on their cancer center which might be helpful. But as Lani mentioned it would help to know where she lived so we can give you other recommendations...that way your friend will have other options. Your friend is wise to get a 2nd opinion. Good luck.

Chelee

tdonnelly
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Lani & Chelee,

Thank you for your replies. We are from the Chicago, IL area.
Tamara

Sheila
06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Tamara
Then it is relatively close...in Zion. That is the one LuAnn went to....check insurance though, as I know that some do not cover them, which would make it unafordable....Is she going for treatment in Chicago right now, and where. The big hospitals there would probably have more clinical trials than CTCA....and there are some fabulous oncologists in Chicago.

ElaineM
06-23-2008, 03:51 PM
I think their approach is integrative medicine--------using conventional medicine, nutrition therapy and complementary medicine to support the body during the conventional treatments. They have a website, so there might be some information you need. Check with them to see if they accept your insurance. Some other large cancer hospitals offer integrative medicine for cancer too. Good luck.