PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

Joy
05-29-2008, 06:47 PM
I was curious what premeds are given with hercepin dm-1. I figured I'd go to you experts first as you all often know more than what I can find on the old interweb.

madubois63
05-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi Joy - I usually get a little IV Benadryl and maybe something for nausea. I usually got it for the first and second infusion. I never had a problem with Herceptin. I don't know what you'll get on the trial, but I hope it is as easy as can be for you!!!!!!

ElaineM
05-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I haven't had any premeds with Herceptin, Navelbine and Femara, but I did have premeds with Adrianmycin and Taxotere. I eat ceral bars and yoghurt during my Herceptin and Navelbine treatment. Maybe that helps.

MJo
05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I didn't get premeds for Herceptin, but before I started treatment I insisted on my allergist testing me for allergy to mouse protein. It came back negative. Maybe that's why I didn't get premeds.

I had premeds with Adriamycin and Taxol. I think there should be premeds for all these drugs. Taxol is from the Ewe tree and it's mixed with a solution derived from castor beans. If you have an allergy to any of these, you could have a reaction.

dhealey
05-30-2008, 01:18 PM
I had a benadryl drip for about thirty minutes before each herceptin treatment.

Sheila
05-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Joy
I am hoping Chrisy will see this...I think this is the trial she is on!

Barbara H.
05-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Joy,
I am on the Herceptin MCC DM1 trial. I have never had any premeds for it and I don't need them. This is a very easy drug to take. It does its job (for me since September) and you barely know you are in treatment. I did have flu type symptoms with the first treatment, but I still went back to school that evening and conducted my back to school night. I didn't get home until after 9:00. After the first treatment, you have a good chance of no longer experiencing symptoms.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

chrisy
05-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I've never had any premeds, although I had a nurse in the infusion center try to give me benadryl. I refused - "NO BENNIES!"

Sometimes I did feel a little flulike later in the day, and the doctor told me to take an ibuprofen. Make sure you stay away from tylenol or any of the others that affect liver functions. Duh, I'm sure you already know that!

Note, Joy, I'm talking about Herceptin DM1 here, except for Barbara, I think some of the other responses were for "regular" Herceptin.

Joy
05-31-2008, 12:09 PM
all of the responses and when I was on plain old herceptin I refused the benadryl. I am glad to hear that on the new herceptin there are not pre-meds. And I thank you all for your responses. I have always stayed away from Tylenol as it never worked for me and it is so hard on the liver so no worries there. Man, I hope this works. Oddly enough I asked the trial coordinator if she had seen the liver enzyme problems and she said no, but I know she can't discuss too much. She said she has one gal on it who doesn't even feel tired. So I'm hoping the best obviously-for all of us. And Barbara, I think of you all the time as you are the trial hero (I am a former teacher so I know what you have to do all day).

Thanks so much everyone!

Unregistered
05-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi,
That is so interesting about the allergy testing before Herceptin and chemo.
Who knew? Maybe all oncologists should do that.
I found out I have a slight allergy to egg whites, so I can't take flu shots.
Good thing I have only had the flu twice in my life.
ElaineM
[url]http://langetc.tripod.com/health11.html

runtolive
06-04-2008, 06:07 AM
joy et all.. conclusions from genentech about tras-dm1 weekly dosed trial

T-DM1 administered on a weekly schedule to patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast
cancer has demonstrated activity and safety results consistent with those observed on an
every-3-week schedule, further supporting the rationale for further studies with this agent.

The MTD of weekly T-DM1 administered intravenously is 2.4 mg/kg. -

At steady state, exposure to T-DM1 is expected to be ~2-fold higher for the weekly regimen -
than for the every-3-week regimen.

The only dose-limiting toxicity observed at 2.9 mg/kg was toxicity preventing retreatment on -
Cycle 1, Day 8.
The most common AEs reported on this schedule were fatigue, thrombocytopenia, nausea, -
transaminase elevation, and headache.
No Grade 4 AEs or cardiac-specific toxicity have been observed. -
Confirmed response rate in response-evaluable patients was 53%. -
Treatment is ongoing for 11 of the 19 patients enrolled. -

A Phase II study of T-DM1 3.6 mg/kg every 3 weeks in patients with HER2-positive metastatic
breast cancer who have progressed on HER2-directed therapy has been initiated; preliminary
results are expected later this year.
N/A
PD
N/A
Dose
1.2 mg/kg
1.6 mg/kg
2.0 mg/kg
2.4 mg/kg
2.9 mg/kg
data as of 2-29-2008

runtolive
06-04-2008, 06:09 AM
T-DM1 administered every 3 weeks has demonstrated significant activity in a trastuzumab-
pretreated population of patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer at doses
associated with an acceptable safety profile.

The MTD of T-DM1 administered to patients intravenously every 3 weeks is 3.6 mg/kg. -
Dose-limiting toxicity was observed at 4.8 mg/kg (rapidly reversible, asymptomatic Grade 4 -
thrombocytopenia)

No other Grade 4 AEs and no cardiac-specific toxicity have been observed. -
The most common AEs reported on this schedule were Grade 1 or 2 thrombocytopenia, -
fatigue, nausea, transaminase elevation, anemia, headache, and constipation.

Median PFS in patients treated at the MTD (n=15) was 9.8 months; the clinical benefit -
rate in this group was 53%.

The confirmed response rate in patients at the MTD with
measurable disease treated (n=9) was 44%.

Treatment is ongoing for 6 of the 24 patients enrolled. -

A Phase II study of T-DM1 3.6 mg/kg every 3 weeks in patients with HER2-positive metastatic
breast cancer who have progressed on HER2-directed therapy has been initiated; preliminary
results are expected later this year.

Data as of Feb 29,2008

Joy
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Runtolive, That was just what I needed and I'm so grateful for your thoughtfulness and effort to post this. I do feel better about this and that counts for a lot.

runtolive
06-05-2008, 08:24 AM
your welcome joy... i hope everyone here can benefit...

when does your trial start...

also new trial for tras-dm1 going against herceptin/taxotere for mbc

A Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Trastuzumab-Mcc-DM1 vs. Trastuzumab (Herceptin®) and Docetaxel (Taxotere®) in Patients With Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Who Have Not Received Prior Chemotherapy for Metastatic Disease

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show?term=dm1&rank=6&show_locs=Y

runtolive
06-19-2008, 07:44 AM
joy.. how was first dose.. hope all is well..

run