PDA

View Full Version : kidney issues

jules9600
05-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Finished Herceptin a little over a year ago. Have been diagnosed with a catagory 3 solid mass lesion on top of left kidney. I know this is not a usual place for metasis. Seeing urologist next wednesday. Any info any of you have would be appreciated!

Joan M
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Jules, I'm sorry to hear that you have a solid mass in your kidney. I don't have specific information about kidney lesions, but I have experience with lung lesions and some of that may apply. First, your oncologist may want to find out first through a biopsy whether the lesion is a primary kidney lesion or metatstatic breast cancer. Second, if the lesion is metastatic breast cancer there is probably an option to remove the kidney or, if surgery is not an option for some reason, then you may be a candidate for radiofrequency ablation. I'm praying for a good outcome and perhaps a biopsy will show that the lesion is benign. Best, Joan

dhealey
05-20-2008, 04:24 AM
Jules how did they diagnosis the kidney mass? I finished my herceptin in January and since the middle of March have had symptoms of a UTI, but the cultures grew out nothing. I have been on 3 different antibiodtics to no avail. Ct scans have been negative. Still have alot of low back pain and pelvic pain with blood in my urine. I am having a cystoscopy on Wed. I know something is not right they just can't pinpoint it. What kind of symptoms did you have? Praying all goes well with you. Please let me know how they proceed.

Yorkiegirl
05-20-2008, 06:23 AM
Jules, I had been having bad lower back pain, they did an MRI and found that I have two cysts on my right kidney, it does flair up every now and then. With me they are keeping a watch on it.
Mine showed up about a year and few months after I finished my Herceptin. I hope all goes well for you

jules9600
05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Was diagnosed by accident. My bilirubin counts were going up. The oncologist ordered a liver scan. It was all ok but saw cyst on upper left kidney. Oncolgist referred it back to regular dr. He wanted to follow it up because of my cancer history. Turned out to be solid mass lesion not a cyst after an mri of kidney. From the research I have done, I suspect they will either take off the lesion or take the whole kidney and do biopsy. I have not had any symtoms. I did have a few kidney infections over the last six months. So, who knows?! Thanks for your help and kind words. I have been lurking here for a long time, and you are all great support!
Jules