PDA

View Full Version : IBC treatment question

Alaina
02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

I have been dealing with stage IV, IBC since Nov. of 2004. Since my diagnosis I have been on Ixempra ( when it was in clinical studies ) Carboplatin, Navelbine and herceptin. I have been stable on herceptin alone for over a year now. I am 38, er/pr- and her2+ .

I am thinking about going to M.D. Anderson to the IBC clinic. I feel like I am just sitting around waiting for the cancer to spread. And that is why I want to go to M.D. Anderson. My doctor plans to keep me on the herceptin until the cancer shows up on scans again. I am wondering if I should try for a stem cell transplant. So there is the question, should I try another treatment even though I am stable on herceptin?

Thank you all, alaina

Kim in DC
02-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Alaina,
Have you considered the new MCC-DM1 trial? I saw your post on the IBC website and I thought that would be a good trial for you. Besides that, I am always in favor of a second opinion.

Alaina
02-09-2008, 08:04 AM
I checked into it. I am curious, what is the difference btwn this study and herceptin alone?

Kim in DC
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Most of the time, anything plus herceptin works better than herceptin alone. All the information about this trial I have received from this site. If you have specific questions, call one of the trial areas and ask the nurse. They will be happy to help. The only issue might be that you were on another trial. Give it a shot! If you have been stable with herceptin alone that means its still working. I believe there are two ladies on this site who are on the trial and are NED after 2 treatments!