PDA

View Full Version : Needing Support

Faith in Him
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, I just feel that the rash is getting worse. I called the onc. on Wednesday and talked to him. He said we have to wait from my counts to get back up for new treatment. I won't see him until next Thursday. I know lots of people have gotten good results from Taxotere and Herceptin. I wish I could too.

Another concern is I have my period again and that is causing the breast to swell and the rash to get worse (I believe) because the lymphatic vessels are clogged. Gosh, I need this to turn around soon so that I can have the surgery to remove the breast. The doctors want the rash to shrink before the surgery.

Any suggestions for a next line of treatment?

Hugs,
Tonya

Becky
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Dearest Tonya

When they did the biopsy on the skin mets, did they redo the ER and PR (sometimes it can change and then you could benefit from Tamoxifen or some other anti-hormonal). Get with you onc and try some other chemo that works in another way that the taxanes. They aren't showing benefit (at least not now). There are plenty of things to try (Navelbine, Gemzar etc). There is the right thing out there for you.

Don't think about it now and have a nice weekend with that wonderful family.

Love to you

tousled1
01-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Tonya,

Didn't you just start with the Taxatore? I can't remember if you're getting it every week or every three weeks. Sometimes the chemo takes a few cycles until you can actually notice a change. I did Taxatore to shrink my initial tumor which it did but it took a few cycles until we could actually notice a difference. Hang in there and try and relax. Give it some time and I'm sure when you see your oncologist on Thursday he'll have an idea of whether or not it's working.

Mary Jo
01-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Dear Tonya,

I cannot offer any treatment advice but did want to offer you my love and support. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this and can only imagine how stressful and anxious of a time it must be for you. It sucks.........to put it mildly.

Now, that being said..........from reading the other posts........I am encouraged for you and hope you are as well. There is a treatment that will kick this crap to the curb and maybe what you are on will do it but like some have said, it may take a bit more time to notice it. Otherwise it sounds as if there is plenty of arsenol out their.

I know "letting it go" is almost impossible and I'm sorriest about that. If I could take those feelings to myself, I would Tonya, but sadly, it doesn't work that way.

Praying for peace dear friend.................................

Hugs,

Mary Jo

Faith in Him
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I am getting Taxotere every three weeks. I have had only one cycle so I guess I do need to relax. For some reason, I was thinking that people were seeing instant results on Taxotere so thank you Kate for pointing out to me that it takes time.

And thank you for cheering me up. Now I am going to take Becky's advise and enjoy my family.

Scans are coming up next week but I'll worry about that on Monday. :)

Hugs,
Tonya

Mary Anne in TX
01-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Good Morning, Tonya!
Give those kiddos some hugs and give that stuff some time to knock that stuff out!
I'm praying for you and thinking really good thoughts for you. Lots of love, ma

Mary Jo
01-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Tonya,

Just wanting to say hello on this Sunday morning and praying your spirits are up today.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

charlotte
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Toyna
I hope you have great sucess with the chemo you are taking .. PLease know you are in my thoughts and prayers..

lexigirl
01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
HI Tonya,

Thinking of you and still holding on to the tx kicking those skin mets to the curb!

Big Hugs,
Lexi

Vanessa
01-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Good luck with your treatment. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Taxotere worked very well for me in the beginning of my treatment. I agree with the rest, relax and enjoy your family.

Sheila
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Tonya
I know its hard but relax and give it time to do its job....sending lots of prayers that this will be the answer to saying good by to the skin mets for good.....Each new day the fight continues....toward NED.