PDA

View Full Version : any advice for stomach cramps?

visualizehealth
04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
I just started the TCH club last Wednesday and since day 1 I have had intense intestinal cramping. No gas or diarrhea, just cramps from hell. Has anybody else had this experience? I'm not sure what to take. I called the Dr.'s office this morning, and the nurse is going to call me back.
desperate,
Annie

Lolly
04-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Gosh Annie, so sorry you're having such a time of it. I don't know of anything over the counter that I would recommend before you talk with your care team, but maybe a heating pad set on low would offer some relief until you hear back?

<3 Lolly

Melinda
04-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Annie,
So sorry to hear about your cramps.
I had some cramping but I realized that it was due to the constipation from the steroids. I ate tried eating a little fiber and the problem QUICKLY and pardon the expression explosively went away. How has your appetite been, do you think something you have eaten may have triggered it? Hope y ou feel better SOON!Keep us posted
Melinda

hutchibk
04-30-2007, 09:03 AM
I hope this doesn't sound silly, but which TC? I know that H is Herceptin...

Since I have already had Taxotere/Cytoxan and Taxol/Carboplatin, I am not sure which ones are considered TC! I doubt this info will help me answer your question, but I am just curious.

Hope you feel better soon! Cramps are horrible.

Thanks.

visualizehealth
04-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey there!
I'm taking taxotere, carboplatin, and herceptin. I don't think that I'm constipated, because I've been pretty regular. I started taking some nexium this morning, so maybe that will help. This just sucks! I'm also taking care of my two-year-old girl who is being very demanding. Not much time for just lying on the couch. I can't even get her to watch a show for more than 5 minutes! Wah!
Annie

Jean
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Annie,

This is just a guess....but since you mentioned that you are chasing after your two yr. I am assuming that you are NOT post menapausal. I had TCH and I am post menapausal and did not experience cramping. Maybe the chemo is working on your hormonal level and casuing your body to react with the cramps?
I certainly do not know just a thought and hopfully your dr. will be able to
confirm this. I think the warm heating pad (if you do not have one) you can
also place a wet small towel in some cling wrap and then warm it up in the microwave for a few min. and place on your tummy. The cling wrap will hold the warmth in longer...be careful not to make it too hot.
It cannot be easy running after a toddler and having the TCH....at the same time. Make sure to drink and flush your system. Also some alieve for the cramping. Wish I could offer more
help...please let us know what your dr. says.

Sending you all good wishes,
Jean