PDA

View Full Version : Seven pancreatic cancer patients saved by metronomic chemo & naturopathy

heblaj01
03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
I am posting this article even though it is not related to breast cancer because it involves low dose (metronomic) chemo which has also been tried for BC.
If the 7 cases related in the are article are truthfully reported & are not the result of some happy random successes (which are rare), then they would be very significant since pancreatic cancer is considered to be one of the worst if not the worst in terms of survival.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/308476_pancreas22.html?source=mypi
A deadly cancer, a winning fight

A dose of naturopathy gives man a second chance at life

Hopeful
03-23-2007, 02:19 PM
If you follow the link at the end of the article to the web site for the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, you can read about Dr. Chue doing exactly the treatment I wished I could find for early stage Her2+ bc: Herceptin and metronomic chemo. Awesome! Thanks so much.

Hopeful

heblaj01
03-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Hopeful,
I wonder if you might be able to get Herceptin & low dose Doxil assuming this is the combo you seek.
This combo in normal dosages is already prescribed by some oncs & in low doses for elderly patients unable to tolerate the regular regimen.
It had high response rate in 2006 phase 2 trials

P.S.
I followed your lead & went to the site and found this story on BC:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/health/246346_condor31.html

In addition, I noticed that the metronomic treatment findings of Dr Ben Shue will be presented at ASCO meeting in June 2007.
Also to be presented at ASCO is a review of metronomics by Dr Robert Kerbel of Toronto who is one of the most active player in that field of research.

Hopeful
03-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Heblaj01,

Lani posted an article some months ago about metronomic Abraxane, which had anti-angiogenic qualities. The taxane just makes more sense to me. Truthfully, I am not interested in adding chemo to my treatment at this time. I have 7 Herceptin treatments left, and am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am glad to know there is a place that shares my philosophy, should I decide I need them. I bookmarked their site for future reference.

Hopeful