PDA

View Full Version : Please send prayer's and good wishes to Carol H

tricia keegan
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi Everyone
Carol just found out two weeks ago her bone cancer has spread to her brain.
She arrived in Ireland two days ago to settle in her new home and begin a new life but wanted her young children close to her husbands family here should her condition deteriorate.
She called earlier to ask me to update you all and to tell me she is being admitted to hospital tomorrow for immediate treatment as her condition worsens each day.
She'll know Monday if the tumour is operable but the swelling on her brain is becoming so severe they cannot delay so will begin whole brain radiation and chemo injected directly into her brain also.
She has had quite a lot of pain and her bone mets seem worse too so I thought if we send her good wishes and prayer's here I'll print them out and bring them to the hospital when I visit her as I'm sure if she knows her friends here are thinking of her it'll give her strength and hope to fight this with all she has.
I hav'nt known Carol very long and met her through this site but she has really impressed me with her courage and bravery and what must be a terrifying time for her.
Please help by wishing her well and together maybe our prayer's will be heard and Carol will get through this.
Thank you to everyone in advance.
Tricia

Barbara H.
12-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi Carol,
I have been following your posts and you are one strong woman. Please know that our thoughts are with you. I wish you and your family all the best.
Barbara H.

RhondaH
12-09-2006, 02:54 PM
DONE!!!! Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

KellyA
12-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Dear Carol,

My prayers are with you during this difficult and scary time. May you find strength in God and your family and friends- We are all thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better soon.

These are some verses that I read off of a card that a very dear friend gave me. I carry it wherever I go and they always give me peace when things get difficult.

Isaiah 46:4 "I will sustain you and I will rescue you"

Isaiah 41:10 "I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

Joshua 1:5 "I will never leave you or forsake you"

Love, Kelly

Vanessa
12-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Carol will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult. I hope that her surgery goes well.

tousled1
12-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Carol,

I'm happy that you finally made the move to Ireland. I lived there for three years and it is a beautiful place. I'm so sorry to hear that your cancer has spread. Breast cancer is a dreadful disease! From your postings I can see that you are a very strong and determined woman. Right now you have the biggest fight of your life ahead of you and I'm confident that you will be a winner! Hang tough! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Julie2
12-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Dear Carol, I wish you all the best and a fast recovery.

Julie

Becky
12-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Dear Carol

Hang in there. We are all rooting for you here.

Big hugs from the United States

StephN
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Dear Carol -
Since you are now settling in Ireland, I thought this might be an appropriate and powerful prayer for you at this time. An aquaintence sent it to me when I was at a low point with aggressive mets. I posted it on this site one time maybe 3 years ago or more.

ST. PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE

I gird myself today with
the power of God.

God's strength to comfort me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to lead me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me ...

May these words be a mantra for you, as they were for me, as you face the unknown. And I will pray for you to be blessed in your battle as I have been.

Bev
12-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Carol, more thoughts and prayers your way. Keep fighting for all of us. Thanks. BB

sassy
12-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Carol,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers--be strong and know that we are here for you.
________
SexEnigma (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SexEnigma)

rinaina
12-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Carol, I am so sorry to hear all you are dealing with and want you to know that I am sending prayers and thoughts your way. Please remain strong and keep up the fight and good attitude...I know this is difficult but it makes such a difference. We are all rooting for you.

Soccermom
12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Dear Tricia, Please relay to Carol my heartfelt thoughts and many prayers for her and her family,

Warmly,Marcia

tricia keegan
12-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I know Carol will gain strength from the support of you all who understand what she's going through.
I hope to visit this week if she's well enough and pass on all your good wishes.
You ladies are great,on Carol's behalf thank you,it means a lot.
Tricia

sherri
12-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I wish the best for Carol and pary that she will be fine.

pattyz
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
well.........this is just bad. It is a blessing that you have become so close to Carol, Tricia. And am so glad she's arrived with her family to be surrounded by their extended family, now.

I will hope for some excellent highest quality care for Carol, with all having very good 'bedside' manners, too.

Sending much hopeful thought and prayers,
pattyz

Sheila
12-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Carol

May the road rise up to meet you and send you on a path to healing from this latest setback...you are in my prayers for a quick recovery so you can enjoy the beauty of Ireland with your family

Jean
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Dear Carol,

Saying a special healing prayer for you. God Bless.

Jean

MJo
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Blessings on you. All the very best to you, Carol. MJO

cafe1084
12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
We never know what's written in the Book of Life for us, what will be our destiny, how much we are to withstand. This women on this site are proof that oncologists are oftentimes wrong, no one has a crystal ball to predict the future, and the word "cancer" does not have the same connotations it used to when I heard adults whisper it when I was a child. Treatments are by far better and you are a strong woman, Carol...plus, it doesn't hurt that you have many strong women here and family around you to pick up your prayers at a time when you're not able too http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/wink.gif

Sent with a prayer,
Steph

VirginiaGirl
12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Carol,
So sorry to hear the news. Know that prayers and thoughts of healing are being sent your way. When I was feeling discouraged recently, my sister-in-law sent me this as her personal inspiration. Hope it helps you too.
Peace and comfort,
Liz

"For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for mewholeheartedly, you will find me."

Cathy1
12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Dear Carol,

I will be praying for you.I also love St.Patrick's Breastplate! When I am too sick to read the Bible, I have someone else read it to me. A few weeks ago when I was in the hospital, my son called and read it to me over the phone. It was so comforting.God loves you so much and He knows everything that happens every second. He will give you the Peace beyond all understanding.God Bless and Keep You Always, Cathy

chrisy
12-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Carol,

God bless you. Prayers are on their way.