PDA

View Full Version : New Phase II Trial of Combined Monoclonal Antibodies

Lori S
08-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I just wanted to let you all know about this new clinical trial at NIH. The protocol # of the trial is 06-C-0035. The combined monoclonal antibodies are Trastuzumab (Herceptin) and Pertuzumab. I am currently enrolled in this trial and have received a total of 4 treatments to date. After two treatments my scans revealed a 6% reduction in my tumors within my lungs. The results from other patients enrolled in this trial after 2 treatments varied from no change to a 15% reduction. For me there have been no side effects at all.

To obtain more information about this trial please contact the research nurse Arlene Berman at 301-435-5609.

Lori S
09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Just wanted to update you all on my latest ct scans after completing 4 cycles of herceptin & pertuzumab. My tumors in my lungs have reduced between 8% & 9% since my start in the trial on 5/31. There is one patient who has achieved a 27% reduction after 4 cycles. Our sample in this trial is small - 9 total enrolled; 4 have dropped out as their disease has progressed.

My next scans will be at the end of September when I hope to also achieve that 27% reduction as well! To date, I feel great with minimal side effects. Thank God!

Robyn
09-24-2006, 10:11 AM
If all checks out, I will begin this....my onc suggested it and I am will to try it....I am still recouping from septic shock and the least toxic therapy is all I can do at the moment, Herceptin alone has kept it slower growing in the lungs, but we thought we would go into this new trial here and see if I have any success with it. Can't hurt at this point and it's better than doing nothing! Glad you had an improvement!! I have been looking for more info on this.

Thank you