PDA

View Full Version : Avastin and Herceptin

*_Ragini_*
06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Hi,
Is anybody taking part in the herceptin and avastin trial? I would like to know how you are responding and if there are any side effects to it? Did the doc inform you of any of the likely side effects? I understand that it is a monoclonal antibody which causes the blood vessels to shrink and there by cutting off vital supply to the tumor cells. I would appreciate any response from anyone who is enrolled in this trial. Thank you

Ragini

Amie
07-23-2005, 05:12 PM
My sister is in the process of deciding if this is a good trial for her to start on. Did you ever get in any further info or are you now in the trials?

*_Ragini_*
07-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Amy,
I have not been able to get a lot of information on Avastin but heard from some one who talked to the nurse coordinator of the clinical trial that the initial results are promising. The study is mainly being done on people who have had recurrence for the first time. Good luck to your mom. I will pray for her.
Hugs
Ragini

bigsis
09-03-2005, 11:07 PM
My onc discussed Avastin/Herceptin with me and said every patient he has had on Avastin has developed blood clots so would have to be on full dose blood thinner to take it.

Esther
09-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Interesting....I'm also considering Avastin for future treatment, so would appreciate any additional information anyone comes across on this.