PDA

View Full Version : Sugar and cancer

Lolly
02-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Interesting article by Dr. Joseph Mercola on how controlling blood-glucose levels can be helpful in cancer recovery.

Lolly
10-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Somehow the link to this article got "lost in translation", so here it is again as I think this is an important aspect for those of us in treatment.

Sugar and Cancer
http://www.mercola.com/2000/oct/8/sugar_cancer.htm

Maryanne
10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Lolly.

I am so surprised that more people dont know about this...well at least the ones I speak to.
Patrick Quillin ( was director of nutrition for Cancer Treatment Centers of America) wrote a great very upbeat book that I refer to on my " down" days "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" . Not only does he give a list of vitamins and supplements he devotes a whole chapter to starving cancer by cutting sugar intake. The book includes recipes as well as a list of nutrionally -oreinted doctors listed bt zip codes.....God knows we need more of these!

Maryanne

mamacze
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Maryanne,

Where is your picture?!
I have to confess to feeling terrible guilt now...I was doing so well last week; no meat, lots of veggies, nuts, no flour or sugar....then tonight; I threw caution to the wind and gulped down 5 of the dozen chocolate chip cookies my church sent over for the kids....ugh!!! Oh well, Lolly; maybe this thread was divine intervention and the kick in pants i need to get back to my healthy eating...thank you girls!
Love Kim from CT

Becky
10-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Maryanne,

I also have Beating Cancer with Nutrition. It is an excellent book. I am good 90% of the time (peanut M&Ms are a slight downfall but at least they have nuts in them).

Becky

Maryanne
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Becky,

90 % is better than most of us! I tooooooo fall off the wagon occasionaly. Did you ever wonder in all these herceptin studies did they ever check to see what the so called 50% who remainded cancer free for 3 years were consuming. I really do think its a combination of all things not just one.

Maryanne