PDA

View Full Version : Herstatin -- By Any Other Name (cont\'d)

Paul
04-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Lolly

My first post got cut off. Sorry! I just wanted to note that Gail's OHSU bio description (posted by me above) refers to investigation of another alternative product of HER-2. Apparently this product is created by proteolytic shedding of the extracellular domain of the HER-2 receptor. The extracellular domain of HER-2 is released from the surface of breast carcinoma cells into the media generating a constitutively active kinase p95HER-2 associated with the tumor cell. OHSU recently found high levels of the truncated p95HER-2 in tumor tissue breast predicted worse outcome for HER-2 positive breast cancer patients. It looks like science is beginning to make genuine inroads on the exact workings of the EGFR family receptor kinase activities.

Nice work Lolly in digging out the Dimercept/Herstatin "white paper." Certainly looks like it's "game on girl!"

Lolly
04-27-2004, 01:30 AM
...Still smells like roses to me! Thanks for clarifying the Herstatin/Dimercept issue Paul. I had missed your July '03 post. Our local paper had an ad about Gail's research at OHSU with Dimercept which led to my internet search. Many more links are brought up if one searches using Herstatin!

Paul
04-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Lolly

Smells like roses to me too! You're amazing.