PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have new information about herceptin?

Berta
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Hello everybody!
I am considering to take part in the HERA trial. I had surgery at the end of November tumor 1 9 cm grade 3 ER- PR- HER2 positiv with the FISH test and 4 lymph nodes out of 17 involved. I am about to finish my chemo 7 rounds of CEF and doing fine so far. I hope to get into the arm with the herceptin treatment it sounds very promissing. I just wonder if anybody can tell me - if there is a risk using herceptin for stage 2 BC that the cancer might somehow develop a kind of resistance to the drug so that it will not work in case of recurrence? I would also like to know if somebody has a recommendation of which kind of vitamin supplement is good to take during the treatment with herceptin?
It is encouraging to hear about all the good results from this treatment. My best wishes for all of you Berta.

eric
04-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi Berta

I'm glad that you posted this question. I'm confident that you will get some great answers from this remarkably helpful group which I'm interested in as well. My suggestion though " is to post the question in the section titled ""Main Board"". This is where most of the general discussions take place.
Best" Eric